Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Think Pink For Awareness!





I was Blog Hopping and came across a challenge at Slumber Cards to make a Pink Card and send it on to someone who needs cheering. As most know, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and like so many, I have had loved ones affected by this disease. My Paternal Grandmother, who was a survivor for 16 years then had it metastisize into her lungs as so many do. This was my first experience. Then my best friend's mother..my other Mom...who was taken from us at the tender age of 42. Just 2 weeks ago, my Aunt was diagnosed and had a lumpectomy. Recently, they have decided to take more tissue because they are not positive that they got all of the cancer cells. She will have another surgery soon, so please say a prayer for her. Aunt Carol will be the receiver of this card. It is made with much love and HOPE!! I BELIEVE she will be cancer-free, just like her mother was!



I got a wonderful Suprise this morning as I Blog Hopped. I won a Blog candy at
In the Works...at smARTworks. It is a COOL set of Owl and Owl Sayings.....How lucky can I be?


I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Rubber Hugs,

Julie

3 comments:

AngelRenee said...

Julie, Love the card and the hope that goes along with it.. 'As you know I am a chemo angel as is my mom. Her buddy has breast cancer.. My neighbor has it as well.. What a wonderful card for a wonderful person..

Renee

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Hi Julie, Thank you for entering my blog candy but more importantly it's so great to know you have already given this cute penguin a home and are supporting Breast Cancer Awareness. Big Hugs, Nikki x

Suzanne said...

Hi Julie Thank you so much for taking the time to make such a beautiful card. I am sorry I haven't stopped by sooner i am back online tonight for the first time in a week!!! Sue :o)